Connect to Netsville with OpenVPN
OpenVPN Windows Install
- Grab the client from here: https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/
- The clients for different Windows systems are at the bottom of the page.
- Double-click on the file after downloading. Choose YES to allow this app to make changes.
- Choose NEXT on the Welcome screen. We're just going to be taking all the defaults on the following pages.
- Choose I AGREE
- Choose NEXT (take the default components)
- Choose INSTALL
- After the install completes, choose NEXT
- Hit FINISH
OpenVPN Config Files Install
You should have received a .ZIP file from Netsville containing various certificate files. We now need to install those in OpenVPN's config subdirectory.
- Double-click on the .ZIP file and BROWSE to this location:
C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config. Choose EXTRACT.
- You will need Administrator permissions to place files here. So the following dialog will pop-up. Check Do this for all current items then hit CONTINUE
- The files should be sitting in the config directory like this.
Connecting for First Time
On the toolbar you should have an OpenVPN icon (a computer monitor with little lock icon). You might have to hit the little up arrow to view more icons if you don't see it.